|A MODULAR FIXTURING SYSTEM SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Subplates and Tombstones with a standardized grid pattern to provide interchangeable assembly of fixtures, vises, and other accessories.
- Off-the-shelf accessories such as blank tooling plates, angle plates, and parallels that can be quickly assembled onto subplates and tombstones.
- Availability of adapter plates to convert 3rd party vises, rotary tables, chucks, or other devices into modular accessories.
- Workpiece setup components such as locators, utility blocks, and clamps that can be used to quickly assemble a complete fixture when time constraints or small production lots do not favor design and build of custom fixtures.
- A level of system accuracy that allows users to assemble components with confidence in their alignment and location.